Thanks for looking!

Thanks for stopping by, have a look around, and I hope you are inspired to get creating!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Trying something different!

Hello Everyone,
Thanks for stopping by!  After a fabulous long weekend on the West Coast, I am back home and enjoyed a little stamping time this evening.    Here is what I came up with...

And I will give you the side view and then explain what I did...
 I wanted to make a big card that I could use for a wedding, perhaps a little inspired by all the wedding talk this weekend. 
I used the Sail Away individual stamp, and stamped with Early Espresso on the Nautical Expedition DSP.  I then used a window sheet as an overall.  I stamped the window sheet with Versamark using the Medallion background stamp.  Then, I heat embossed using clear embossing powder... I and I am loving the look.  I had no idea you could heat emboss on window sheets, I always assumed they would melt, but they look great!
Well..thats it for tonight...I'm off to mow the lawn!
Brenda

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you got that overall shine! glad you explained it. I like the subtle embossed effect on the window sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was wondering about the shine. I thought at first it was in one of our clear envelopes. Embossing a window sheet sounds fascinating. TFS

    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome card.... thanks for the info on the embossing you did! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments... please use the form below. Happy Stampin!